7 Mountains of a Society

Friday, March 11, 2005

Love in the midst of Sufferings.

There have been numerous times when I have asked God why I have to go through so much pain and suffering? During such times, I have thought that my heart would break or fail. But yet, in times like these, I know (not in the intellectual sense, but in my spirit) that God is there. I must say that it has taken me years to recognise His presence. All He tells me, is to trust in Him. All I know is that Jesus loves me still. Time and time again, drawing me to Him with His love. Out of such times, I have written a poem that I'd like to share:

(Poem written on 9/1/05)
Where can I go that You're not there?
Where can I hide where You'll not find me?
Even in the depths of sorrow, You are there.
What do I have that You have not given?
What do I need that You have not provided?
Your love is beyond measure.
More than words could ever express.

(c) 2005 Jacqueline Khoo.

Even in the midst of suffering may you come to know the love God has for you.

No comments: